Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tavon Waters transferring to FSU

Every athlete dreams of taking their game to the next level. Former Wayne County prep standout Tavon Waters is getting that chance. Waters recently announced that he will be leaving Brunswick Community College, and enrolling at perennial Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association power Fayetteville State University. The move is the culmination of hard work, prowess and perseverance.

"I know that Fayetteville State is a place where I can be successful," said Waters, who played at Goldsboro High and Wayne Country Day. "It's a place where I can help keep the spotlight on basketball. "I have a really close family, and I wanted to go to a place where they could come and watch me play ... a place that would allow me to be close to home."

After completing a successful high school career at Wayne Country Day, the combo-guard weighed all of his collegiate options. Eventually he found a home within coach Walter Shaw's highly-successful program at Brunswick.

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: