Monday, May 26, 2008

Stampeders hopeful sprints out of brother's shadow

The words from his brother will spur Calgary Stampeders hopeful Eddie Montgomery.

Knowing his younger sibling would soon be on his way to the Stampede City to follow his pro football dreams, Tim Montgomery wanted to offer his last bit of support before going behind bars.

"He looked at me and said, 'Do what you've gotta do. You're not in my shadow anymore,' " recalled Eddie Montgomery from his family home in Gaffney, S.C. "I loved to be in his shadow because everybody knew me as Tim's younger brother and I looked up to him, like a father figure as much as a brother."

While Eddie is catching passes and returning kicks at Stamps camp that opens Sunday, his brother -- the former world record-holding sprinter whose fall from grace came at a dizzying pace -- will be in prison

CONTINUE READING, CLICK BLOG TITLE.

No comments: